Phishing attacks are used to steal users’ personal data . To do this, hackers often send fake email- messages or create a fairly accurate copies of famous websites.
Making phishing email , cybercriminals are trying to design it in the style of official mailing from Facebook.
The text of the message a hidden catch, such as a proposal to restore the password for security purposes. Built-link sends the user directly to the website hacking around like on Facebook. Logged in to the fake page, the user sends your username and password directly into the hands of hackers. At its core, phishing abuse the trust of the people, especially social networking sites. Recently popular worldwide platforms such as Facebook, – a tasty morsel for hackers. There is a fair amount of irony in the fact that attackers often exploit fear of losing their own user data to steal these same data.
Of course, there are many different types of phishing attacks, and not all of them related to Facebook. Cybercriminals often send similar letters on behalf of well-known banks or major online stores to lure bank data users logins, passwords, email- address and PIN- codes. Phishing attacks have in common one thing: the scammers are always eager to choose a reliable and reputable company with many clients.
Information protection against phishing can be achieved by different methods. The basis of any of them are careful and attentive , especially in those moments when you are asked to enter personal information online.
There are a few rules that will not get hooked scams :
1. Never enter personal information in response to email- inquiry .
2. Personal information should be entered only when a secure connection. In such cases, you will see that the URL of the website starts with «https: //» and a browser interface appeared padlock icon.
3. After receiving email, check for the presence of characteristic signs of forgery: spelling errors and written in red letters mark “Urgent!”. If the letter is a link that is different from the address of the site that you expect to see before you is a sure sign of a phishing attack.
4. You should not click on links in emails. Instead, open the desired site in a new window by typing the address manually.
5. Make sure that your antivirus is carried out data protection against phishing attacks.
6. Your browser, anti-virus and other software must be updated to the latest version with the most recent security updates .
7. All suspicious emails should be reported immediately to your bank or representatives of the social network.