Simulation is the process of creating an abstract representation (a model) to represent important aspects of the real world. Just as flight simulators have long been used to help expose pilots and designers to both routine and unexpected circumstances, simulation models can help you explore the behavior of your system under specified situations. Your simulation model can be used to explore changes and alternatives in a low risk environment. A computer simulation is a simulation, run on a single computer, or a network of computers, to reproduce behavior of a system. The simulation uses an abstract model (a computer model, or a computational model) to simulate the system. imulation software is based on the process of modeling a real phenomenon with a set of mathematical formulas. It is, essentially, a program that allows the user to observe an operation through simulation without actually performing that operation. Simulation software is used widely to design equipment so that the final product will be as close to design specs as possible without expensive in process modification.
Computer simulation in practical contexts
Computer simulations are used in a wide variety of practical contexts, such as:
• analysis of air pollutant dispersion using atmospheric dispersion modeling
• design of complex systems such as aircraft and also logistics systems.
• design of noise barriers to effect roadway noise mitigation
• modeling of application performance
• flight simulators to train pilots
• weather forecasting
• forecasting of risk
• simulation of other computers is emulation.
• forecasting of prices on financial markets (for example Adaptive Modeler)
• behavior of structures (such as buildings and industrial parts) under stress and other conditions
• design of industrial processes, such as chemical processing plants
• strategic management and organizational studies
• reservoir simulation for the petroleum engineering to model the subsurface reservoir
• process engineering simulation tools.
What is simulation?
Author: Neha Tiwari